I’m feeling so bone lazy about this blog thing that it’s getting seriously annoying. Note: this is myself talking to myself here. Lol. Anyway, the day came and went and as we always know – nothing’s changed except the number in the “age” box.
I was chatting to a friend when she called and said, “I may be 35 on paper but I’m seriously stuck at 22”. She’s like, “don’t push it, 28 is more realistic!”. And I’m like, “nope, I still feel inexperienced, slightly irresponsible, naive and looking at my life wondering how I’m going to handle being a grown up”.
Yah, yah, yah, I know I have a 10 year old kid but it still doesn’t take that feeling away. I often feel like I’m going to wake up and realize I’ve been living this really long dream and then have to start all over again. Hahaha
1. Friendships are what you make of them. I can’t expect someone to be what they’re not and the level I want it to go to is where the potential lies. With me.
2. I have the ability to say no and not be disrespectful about it. Loving myself enough to set boundaries has become an important lesson. My girls need to see that.
3. I love my husband! I am extremely grateful for who he is and how super cool we are as a team. Here I’ve also learned that it’s a relationship I need to decide to, make it what I desire it to be. Go for broke and not fear the possibility of betrayal – that’s not my job. My job is to give 100%. It’s such a refreshing way of looking at him because I feel even more safe and free.
4. So grateful my kids are whole, healthy and free to be themselves. I’m doing my job and I really pray I continue to coach them well.
5. I learned that it’s ok to have desires and dreams. It’s ok to have them but shelve them because of the season I’m in. The time will come and when it does it will be awesome.
6. Being in my mid thirties has really released the “peer” pressure vibe. I no longer feel the need to impress anyone or go with their vibe. I’ve heard that this happens in these years. I think this past year was my year and I love the feeling. Being “me” has never felt this good.
7. Exercise is important for my mental, physical and spiritual well being. I can’t skimp on it. I’m a better wife, mom, daughter and friend because this part of me.
8. Dancing with my hubby and kids is so much fun. Who cares that we’re late for anything! Having fun with this bunch has created such an awesome vibe in our car and home. Who cares who’s watching!
9. My source is solid. He is faithful. He’s my friend and has lifted my chin when I’ve been looking down. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the best team mates in my crazy little life. As cliche as it sounds, how would I do what I do without them? Huh? Really? How?
10. Lastly, im so grateful to be alive. To be well, healthy and looking into my 35th year with perspective and a sense of ambition to be the most awesome version of. Wait! Scratch that! Not a “version” of me, but just flat out ME!
Here’s to more “me” and enjoying the ride of thirty five. Whoop whoop!